Architects need quality contracts to protect their interest in design and construction projects.
AIA Contract Documents can help. They are the most widely accepted contract documents in the construction and design industry with over 100 years of use. The AIA library includes over 100 forms and agreements that address the full spectrum of project types including Conventional, Small Projects, Design-Build, Interior Design, BIM, IPD and Federally-Funded projects. Click here to learn more.
There are four ways you can purchase AIA Contract Documents:
- Hardcopy. Call AIA Central Valley to purchase a hardcopy of the document. Your order can be picked up in-person or mailed via UPS Ground. AIA members receive a 30% discount on all hardcopy documents. Click here for a current price list.
- AIA Contract Documents Software License. Purchase a yearly subscription to software with access to 100+ AIA documents. Easily fill in data fields, track edits, save custom templates and more. Compatible with Microsoft® Word + Excel. Which software license is best for me?
- AIA Contract Documents ACD5™
ACD5™ is the new AIA Contract Documents online service. A service that transforms the way construction contracts and forms are created and edited. No matter where you are, if you have a computer and Internet availability, you’ll have convenient online access to the entire library of AIA documents as well as your project’s associated contracts and forms. With no need to download software onto your computer, you can start managing your contracts instantly. ACD5 also has many new features like a personal clause library, custom templates, easy contract collaboration, and administrative capabilities for multiple user accounts. Plus, it is compatible with both Macs and PCs. With access to over 180 + time – tested contractsand legal forms, you’re sure to find the right construction contract or form that fits your project.
- AIA Documents-on-Demand. Online service lets customers purchase one or more individual documents from among 72 of the most popular AIA forms and agreements, available for both PC and Mac. Fill out form fields electronically; however, the AIA standard text cannot be modified. Visit the Documents-on-Demand e-shop.
- Click here for AIA Documents-on-Demand FAQ’s.
- Click here for instructions on how to complete a Documents-on-Demand form
- Contract Document Education Portal. The AIA Contract Documents education portal (www.aia.org/docucation) is complete with videos, guides, podcasts, and webinars about AIA documents and software. This powerful resource helps you get the most out of your AIA Contract Documents.
For answers to your questions about the content or usage of AIA Contract Documents contact one of the numbers below Monday—Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
The AIA Contract Documents team is here to help!
- Software Technical Support
- Content Questions
- Education Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you email/fax me a contract?
No. Contract Documents cannot be emailed or faxed, due to copyright law. However, we are happy to UPS them to you. Additionally, you can pick them up in our office at 1400 S Street, Suite 100, Sacramento during office hours.
Is software available to print documents in Word?
Yes, Contract Document Software is available as an online download.
License Type Member Non-Member
Docs 300-Annual Limited $ 399.99 $ 549.99
Annual Unlimited-Single License $ 899.99 $ 1099.99
Annual Unlimited-Multi License Ranges: $2,599.99 to $21,299.99 Ranges: $3,749.99 to $31,699.99
I don’t need many contracts, but I want them electronically…is there a small package?
Yes. AIA members can purchase the Docs100 Meter license. This license gives the user access to the full line of contracts and functionality. For only $249.99, AIA Architect and Associate members can download 100 Document Units to be used in 12 months. This pricing is not currently shown on the external marketing pages of the AIA National website, but is an option when one registers to make a purchase.
I’m not sure which contract I need.
For descriptions of the AIA Contract Documents, see the AIA Document Synopses.
Can you ship overnight?
Yes. AIA Central Valley ships overnight packages via UPS. Many times packages can be shipped via Ground service and arrive by close of the next business day. We’ll discuss your options together and ship based on the best available rate.
Can I come down and read a few contracts to figure out what I need?
Absolutely. Drop in anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. Call ahead and we will pre-pull the documents you’re interested in and have your invoice ready to go.
What type of payments do you accept for AIA hard copy documents?
We accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Check.